Friday, June 19, 2009

Electrolytes

Make sure you have enough to get you to the finish line. Carry extra rather than run out before you get to the finish line. I miscalculated and lost (22) minutes from my anticipated finish time. I just needed at least one to get me through the race. When mile 21 came upon me, I really needed electrolytes and had none. Needless to say the journey from mile 23 to the finish line was grueling.

If you do not want to worry or deal with carrying the electrolytes, there is another option.
Find out what they will be offering on the course, and train using the exact product. You will not have to worry, because you’ll be able to replenish at the water stops.

It’s not worth it and it is very painful, as well as disappointing when you miss your target finish time. After training six months, you want to perform your best, and finish strong. You don’t want to find yourself looking at yourself in a photograph crossing the finish line and swear, “That’s not me”. Trust me; I did not buy any of those photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment