Friday, February 11, 2011

Journey to Boston Qualifier

Journey to Boston Qualifier

On August 31, 2008, I completed my last event in my division. On September 18th, I entered a new division. My goal in this division is to qualify for The Boston Marathon. In order to do this I have to work very hard to improve my pace. For the last year I’ve been working very diligently trying to make a major improvement. Day after day, I kept noticing little or no improvement. In my search for a method, the book Chi Running was recommended by one of my friends.

I began reading the book and implementing the suggestions little by little. The suggestions and information has helped me improve my pace. It has also helped me feel more energized at the end of my runs. I’m more relaxed during my runs, and I can really feel the difference. I purchased a book for my son and the audio book for my daughter. I’ve also passed on the information to my team mates.

To be a Boston Qualifier is my goal, and I know that by using the principals of Chi Running, I've improved my form, endurance, strength and stamina and ultimately my pace.

1 comment:

  1. I actually have Chi running in my room right by my bed, I need to get it into my life.

    Work it MOM:)

    ReplyDelete