Friday, September 11, 2009

The Spirit of Columbus Virtual Half Marathon



The actual Spirit of Columbus Half Marathon course begins at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing in Dublin, Ohio. The journey is down Riverside Drive along the Scioto River. Participants passed by Upper Arlington, Grandview and Perry Township arriving in Columbus to a view of the Columbus skyline. Athletes will enjoy a gradual downhill course certified with the United States Track and Field Association. This event took place on August 30, 2009.

As for my virtual event, it took place on August 29, 2009, in celebration of my son’s 24th Birthday. My custom made bib sported the # 82985 which is my son’s birth date. The location was in Griffith Park, located in Los Angeles CA. The course had a variation of fat, downhill, some small hills and (1) big hill, which I dubbed “the beastly one”.

Anyone familiar with the news in Cali will remember that due to various fires, the air quality was not cooperating with any runner that weekend. So, I can say that for the first (8) miles the air quality was tolerable. The remaining 5.1 miles were quite a challenge to complete. But, being a woman of my word and a stubborn one at that, I completed the distance.

This is my second Virtual event. I have to say that the savings is great. There is no Airfare, nor Lodging expenses involved in the investment. Best of all, you are very relaxed and well rested for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment