Friday, May 15, 2009

Clothing

I recommend the proper attire for training as well as racing. Do not use cotton. It’s best to use fit dry loose clothing. This type of material will prevent your body from overheating. I’ll always remember being asked to go into the Ladies room and take my cotton shirt off and replace it with a fit dry one which someone was nice enough to loan me for my first race. I never experience overheating, but I saw many male participants get rid of their cotton shirts along the route. I was thankful and still think about how that fit dry shirt saved me.

My favorite socks are Wright Sock Double-Layered. Before I started using them, I would get blisters. I’ve been using this type of sock since 2005, and if I do get a blister it’s because I laced up incorrectly, or my toe covers were not properly positioned.

Shoes are the most important piece of you attire. I always make sure that the material which surrounds the area around my toes is a mesh material. The reason for this is that when you run your entire body swells, and of course your feet are the most venerable.
Leather or any other type of material will not allow your feet room to expand.

I ran with a pair which had leather material surrounding my forefoot. I ran (5) miles and my feet felt like they were on fire. I lost circulation and was in extreme pain. This happened approximately (5) years ago. I spent over $100 on the shoes, and had to buy another pair. I never made that mistake again.

I now get my shoes from Road Runner Sports. They have a policy, by which if you have a problem with the shoe you purchased, no matter how many miles you’ve traveled in them they will exchange them for a new pair at no charge. You have (60) to test run your shoes.

I always wear a hat. The hat keeps me cool during the hot summer days, and keeps me warm during the chilly winter.

Wear the best and you will perform your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment